About Wellbeing Courses
Our courses are offered to the local community of Bath & North East Somerset. We offer a mixture of courses both online and in-person.
Wellbeing Courses are free and will help you to be more active, build your confidence, learn new skills, manage your overall wellbeing and connect with other people along the way.
We support, guide and encourage people to live as well as possible, to manage their own physical and mental health, and to prevent long-term conditions developing in the future.
We are open to people aged 16 and above, who live, work, or are registered with a GP in BaNES. To create an account simply sign up online here.
We encourage you to get outdoors, be creative, get learning, start connecting, and to have fun!
About HCRG Care Group
HCRG Care Group change lives by transforming health and care, so that every day communities, colleagues, and those who use our services feel how the values of Care, Think, Do are brought to life. We recognise achievements, celebrate our successes, support colleagues to implement their ideas for improving services. We are funded to provide health and wellbeing support to the residents of BaNES.
Our clinical experts build services around delivering on our promises to provide efficient, easy-to-access services, an excellent experience and improved outcomes for the children, young people and adults who rely on us.
You can find out more about what we do on our website by clicking here.
5 Ways To Wellbeing
The 5 Ways to Wellbeing was developed for the government by the New Economics Foundation. There are 5 key areas of your life to manage to improve your wellbeing. These are at the core of the work we do with our clients.
The 5 Ways to Wellbeing are:
- Connect - Connect with the people around you. With family, friends, colleagues, and neighbours. At home, work, school or in your local community. Think of these as the cornerstones of your life and invest time in developing them. Building these connections will support and enrich you every day.
- Take notice - Be curious. Catch sight of the beautiful. Remark on the unusual. Notice the changing seasons. Savour the moment, whether you are walking to work, eating lunch, or talking to friends. Be aware of the world around you and what you are feeling. Reflecting on your experiences will help you appreciate what matters.
- Be active - Go for a walk or run. Step outside. Cycle. Play a game. Garden. Dance. Exercising makes you feel good. Most importantly, discover a physical activity you enjoy and that suits your level of mobility and fitness.
- Give - Do something nice for a friend, or a stranger. Thank someone. Smile. Volunteer your time. Join a community group.Look out, as well as in. Seeing yourself, and your happiness, linked to the wider community can be incredibly rewarding and creates connections with the people around you.
- Keep learning - Try something new. Rediscover an old interest. Sign up for that course. Take on a different responsibility at work. Fix a bike. Learn to play an instrument or how to cook your favourite food. Set a challenge you will enjoy achieving. Learning new things will make you more confident as well as being fun.
Wellbeing comprises of two main elements: feeling good and functioning well. Feelings of happiness, contentment, enjoyment, curiosity, and engagement are characteristic of someone who has a positive experience of their life. Our functioning in the world is equally important for wellbeing. Experiencing positive relationships, having some control over one’s life, and having a sense of purpose are all important attributes of wellbeing.
For further reading from the NHS click here.
“Practicing the Five Ways to Wellbeing regularly will improve your Health and Wellbeing” say over 400 scientists worldwide.
For more information go to New Economics Foundation.